To help dealers take advantage of great training opportunities and make it easier for dealers to send technicians for training, ARVDA is offering staff training subsidies and travel subsidies.
Staff Training Subsidy
- At the last Executive ARVDA meeting, the committee made the decision to extend the training subsidy that was approved by the ARVDA Board in 2020 for the fiscal year. This subsidy approved a $1,500 + HST training allowance for staff training for each dealership in 2020 – 2021. (This will apply to all training courses. Examples, Fall Arrest, Propane Course, Service Writer and Domestic Training)
- It is up to the Dealership on how they choose to use their funding. (can include the book purchasing i.e., propane course book)
- Please provide your HST registration number with the claim.
- For tax purposes when invoicing ARVDA please include the amount you are claiming for the course + HST, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Subsidy * separate from training subsidy
- Newfoundland dealers get a travel subsidy of $500 per registered technician to help offset costs.
- Dealers in the Maritimes who must travel 200km or more to Halifax will get a travel subsidy of $250 per registered technician to help offset costs.
- All receipts/proof of travel must be included in order to redeem the subsidy.
- Please provide your HST registration number with the claim
- For tax purposes when invoicing ARVDA please include the amount your travel subsidy qualifies for + HST, and send it to email@example.com
*If you have had staff attend training courses from the start of ARVDA’s fiscal year which was Wednesday, July 1st, 2020 or later you are eligible to receive funding.